Our Goshen and Middletown White Collar Criminal Defense Attorneys Protect Your Rights
Representing defendants in New York state and federal courts since 1978
White collar crime refers to criminal offenses committed for financial gain. Although white collar offenses are nonviolent, they are aggressively prosecuted because of the potential financial harm to alleged victims.
Burke, Miele, Golden & Naughton, LLP has been protecting the rights of Goshen and Middletown defendants and people throughout the Hudson Valley for over 38 years. We have the substantial resources and the financial and legal knowledge to strategize effective defenses to the most complex white collar crime allegations. Our attorneys work as a team to give you the benefit of our full range of insight and experience. This collaborative approach allows us to provide you with quality representation and personal attention so we can seek the best outcome possible to your case.
How we can help you
If you believe you are the target of a white collar offense investigation, consult with our lawyers immediately. A seemingly insignificant email or an offhand comment may be used by the Government to help build its case against you. Our attorneys protect your constitutional rights to remain silent and to not endure an unlawful search and seizure. In some cases, we may be able to avoid charges against you. In others, we can prevent incriminating evidence from reaching law enforcement officers if they do not have a legal basis for taking it.
White collar cases our firm handles
Our law firm can handle allegations for any type of white collar crime, including bankruptcy fraud, cybercrimes and telemarketing fraud. The most common allegations we encounter include:
- Mail and wire fraud — Use of the Internet, a telephone, smartphone, television or radio, or the U.S. Postal Service in furtherance of a white collar crime is considered mail and wire fraud.
- Public corruption — Public corruption occurs when government officials abuse their power and violate the people’s trust for personal gain.
- Tax fraud — Tax fraud involves a willful attempt to evade taxes by some form of deceit.
- Financial institution fraud — The target of financial institution fraud is typically a bank, savings and loan association, credit union, check-cashing service or stockbroker, and the crime often involves an inside player or a customer.
- Healthcare fraud — Doctors or patients may be accused of healthcare fraud. This frequently involves physicians filling out forms fraudulently to collect more money from insurance companies.
- Government fraud — Government fraud is a scheme to obtain money, property, benefits or business contracts from a federal, state or local agency or a government-funded program.
- Insurance fraud — Insurance fraud allegations may involve health, life, home, automobile or business policies.
- Securities and commodities fraud — Ponzi, pyramid, and pump-and-dump schemes, insider trading and broker embezzlement are common types of securities and commodities fraud.
- Money laundering — Money laundering is a scheme perpetrated to conceal the existence, source or destination of illegally obtained funds.
Defend your rights in the New York and federal criminal courts
Burke, Miele, Golden & Naughton, LLP handles challenging white collar crimes. Call us today at 845-294-4080 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at either our Goshen or New City office. Both are conveniently accessible by public transportation and offer free parking. Your first appointment is free and may be scheduled on an evening or weekend if necessary. Our firm serves the Hudson Valley area. In cases of your arrest and need for immediate representation after office hours, our answering message provides a cell phone number that can be used to access one of our partners 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.