Medical Malpractice Lawyers Holding the Medical Profession Accountable
Providing the compassionate legal guidance you need
A person who seeks medical treatment trusts the doctor or other medical professional to exercise reasonable care and professional judgment. Unfortunately, this does not always take place, and avoidable injuries, illnesses and deaths do occur. While a bad result by itself does not necessarily show that medical malpractice was a factor, if you have a strong feeling that you or your loved one received improper care, it may be time to seek legal counsel. At Burke, Miele, Golden & Naughton, LLP, we have helped victims of medical malpractice in Rockland and Orange counties and throughout the Hudson Valley recover damages for over 38 years. We understand the intricacies of medical malpractice litigation and are not afraid to go up against the big hospitals, large physician practices, and medical insurance companies.
Types of medical malpractice
Medical negligence in Rockland and Orange counties and elsewhere can take a variety of forms:
- Diagnostic issues — Providing an incorrect diagnosis or failing to diagnose a condition that should have been apparent to a physician exercising reasonable care can delay lifesaving treatment and unnecessarily subject patients to painful and expensive procedures.
- Surgical errors — Errors during surgery may have to be corrected with additional operations and can also result in organ failure, nerve damage and even death.
- Prescription errors — Providing improper medications or dosages or failing to check for drug interactions can lead to serious complications.
- Birth injuries — Errors during the childbirth process can cause permanent physical and cognitive conditions, including Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy and brain damage.
- Institutional negligence — Negligent patient monitoring, poor infection control and other failures at hospitals and doctor’s offices can bring about serious complications that were avoidable.
Why you need an experienced medical malpractice attorney
A claim for medical malpractice is not a typical personal injury case. Physicians and medical professionals are held to a higher standard than reasonable persons acting reasonably. As a result, proving a medical negligence case almost always requires an attorney working with a respected medical professional to provide compelling expert testimony, and are almost always very complex. Hospitals and insurance companies fight bitterly to minimize or wholly avoid paying compensation. As experienced medical negligence litigators, we know the tactics hospitals and insurers use and are prepared to face them head-on to seek justice for our clients.
Contact a law firm with extensive medical malpractice experience
When you are injured due to medical malpractice or negligence, you can rarely trust doctors and hospitals to do the right thing. Instead, it takes aggressive legal representation backed by decades of experience and vast resources to force negligent medical professionals and organizations to make whole those they have hurt. If you or a loved one have been the victim of medical malpractice in Poughkeepsie, Goshen, Middletown, Peekskill or anywhere in the Hudson Valley, call Burke, Miele, Golden & Naughton, LLP today at 845-294-4080 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys.